Terms of Reference
Project Coordinator for the project
“Capacity Building and Knowledge Transfer on Preventive Preservation and Basic Conservation of Arts in Pakistan”
The Alhamra Lahore Arts Council promotes Pakistani art among the general public via year-round art festivals and exhibitions. It possesses 200 of Pakistani oil painting masterpieces. However, due to lack of trained professionals and awareness of preventive and precautionary measures, these art works face risks of damage, deterioration and ultimate destruction. In the context of Denmark’s ongoing support to Pakistani art, culture and development processes, Alhamra has requested CKU to support a dynamic and intensive national initiative for “Capacity-Building and Knowledge Transfer on Preventive Preservation and Basic Conservation of Art in Pakistan” that directly addresses the existing technical challenges and needs of Pakistan’s public art institutions and that directly contributes to building national knowledge and expertise to meet those needs.
To implement this project Alhamra is seeking to recruit a project coordinator. The project coordinator will be based in Alhamra in Lahore, and should commence work as soon as possible. The position is until project closure, 31 December 2016.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the focal person and coordinator for overall project management processes;
- Attend meetings and assist with determination of project requirements;
- Monitor and manage project work plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures;
- Prepare/review project reports throughout the lifecycle of the project;
- Liaise with the Alhamra Director, the Display & Design Officer, the trainers, the beneficiaries, CKU and all other relevant stake holders in order to achieve project objectives;
- Ensure production of required documentary evidences /means of verifications;
- Comply with the Branding and Marking requirements of the donor in all the project documents;
- Timely raise requests for any purchase necessary to carry out the project activities and also facilitate the Procurement Committee in the process;
- Facilitate site visits of the donor representatives, and make all the project records available to the donor;
- Draft Project Completion Report
Alhamra is looking for a project coordinator with prior experience from similar work, good communication skills, ability to draft reports, and with good people skills. The project coordinator will report to the Alhamra Display & Design Officer. Qualifications include:
- A master degree in any relevant field,
- Prior experience working with an international donor,
- At least 3 years previous programme/project management experience from the development sector in Pakistan, including planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring
- Previous experience with grant management an advantage
- Full ICT proficiency including in the use of Microsoft Office products
- Fluency in English and Urdu is mandatory and knowledge of other regional languages is an advantage.
Only residents in Pakistan are invited to apply. The place of work is Lahore, Pakistan. Interested candidates are requested to forward a 1 page motivation letter, CV, including names of three references. The application should be submitted via email to: Director of Art & Culture, Mr Zulfiqar Ali Zulfi firstname.lastname@example.org, with copy to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than, Wednesday 7TH September 2016, at 23:50 Islamabad time. Interviews will take place on Friday 9th September 2016 in Lahore. The starting date is 19 September 2016.
For any inquiries, please feel free to contact Display & Design Officer, Ms Naveen Rooma on email@example.com or 042 36313999.